5th BC Rural Communities Summit
" Building Communities Together "
A joint conference of the
BC Rural Network, Cariboo Regional District and Rural Team BC
100 Mile House Lodge and Conference Centre
March 13-15, 2008
100 Mile House, BC
The BC Rural Network, in partnership with the Cariboo Regional District and Rural Team BC, are please to host the 5th BC Rural Communities Summit in 100 Mile House, BC.
The need and desire to improve networking and exchange of information among rural communities has been clearly identified and requested by rural stakeholders across BC.
“Building Communities Together” will be an opportunity for rural residents, and representatives of rural organizations from across the province to come together to discuss ways to coordinate their efforts to improve networking and build the capacity of rural communities in BC.
- More than 25 workshops and presentations that will provide new skills, explore the experiences, and share the lessons learned by rural and remote communities across BC.
- Social events and networking opportunities to develop new contacts and partnerships
- The Annual General Meeting of the BC Rural Network
- Inspiring speakers and plenary sessions
- Youth sessions and participation: planned and presented by rural youth
The conference registration brochure, as well as travel and accommodation information is available on-line. Please click on the Registration tab at the top of this page.
You may also request a print version of the registration package by contacting Maureen at:
A limited number of travel bursaries are available on a first come, first served basis to rural residents and representatives of rural organizations who would otherwise not be able to attend. Information on how to apply for a travel bursary is also available on the Registration page, and in the print packages.Be sure to make your travel and accommodation arrangements early, to avoid disappointment!